Friday, June 23, 2017

Fishing Hats

What makes a fishing hat a fishing hat??

 We have hats for everything from function to style.  Hats that keep you dry and hats that block the sun and elements.  We have trucker hats and low profile hats.  We have hats for every company it seems out there you can match a hat with your rod, reel, or even fly boxes.  But what makes a hat a fishing hat for you?  For me it's not always the logo or the fit but what story the hat tells.  The sweat stains from hiking into the back country, the memory of that big fish, and trips with great friends while you were wearing it.  A good fishing hat is like a book it tells a story of awesome trips and fish that you will never forget.  Fishing Hats for me is my WVAngler hat and so many awesome NY trips with great friends, my first musky on the fly, or elk river spinner falls, and all those great WVAngler memories weather it be cleanups or tailgates! My Vedavoo hat with wade trips, several 20 inch smallies, and my first walleye on the fly.  My RepYourWater hat because wearing it makes me think of home Almost Heaven WV and all those brook trout Hines it's made into the back country, slaty fork and big browns and browns that never were found, and several fishing buddies!  The colors on a hat my grade, the stitching may fray, the smell may be rough but the memories it brings will make it a treasure that you will never want to part with.  Yes a fishing hat can be many things but what makes it a fishing hat is the fish, the trips, and all those memories that make it special!

No comments:

Post a Comment